From: Archimedes Plutonium on

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Even geniuses slip. If I had it to do over again, looking at Goldbach,
> I should first have wondered whether there are counterexamples in
> Infinite Integers such as p-adics or AP-adics. There most certainly
> are counterexamples.
>
> A few counterexamples are these:
> (a) ....191817161514131211109876543210
> (b) ....888833338883338833830
> (c) .....666666660

Correct me if wrong, but I think I can get away with saying that the
Infinite Integer of
.......66666666 which in AP-adics has frontview and backview as
66666.....666666 has
no Goldbach primes. It is obviously even. And we see how it becomes a
counterexample
of Goldbach because although 6 and then 66 and then 666 etc etc have
Goldbach prime
summands, that primes have to be "finite strings". Is the number
66666....66661 prime?
It is never decidable since the place-value can never be pinned down.
61 is prime but is
661 prime? Is 6661 prime? Sometimes it is prime other times it is
composite and so an
infinite string loses this decidability of whether it is prime or
composite. And then when
you state Conjectures like Goldbach, FLT, Riemann Hypothesis and state
them as for every such and such number, means you are asking if
Goldbach is true for Infinite Integers in addition to Finite integers.
So these conjectures are never proveable until a Definition of
finite number versus infinite number is WELL defined.

> And come to think of it, my Galois Algebra proof of Goldbach has
> restrictions as does all of Projective Geometry has restrictions. So I
> do learn something new in all of this. The Galois Algebra of Goldbach
> says that multiplication requires at least two prime factors for Even
> Naturals >4. If we thus interchange multiplication with addition,
> every Even Natural requires two prime Goldbach summands. But notice
> that all of Projective Geometry is finite geometry of objects of lines
> and points interchangeability. One theorem in projective geometry that
> talks of points and then interchanges them with lines is that of
> finite mathematics since points are finite and the lines are line
> segments. The study of Projective Geometry never made that clear, and
> only long after having taken the subject might someone, upon
> reflection, realize that the subject was finite geometry.
>
> So that the Galois Algebra proof of Goldbach is not a Goldbach to
> infinity but a finite Goldbach to 10^500 or less. Goldbach is true for
> N smaller than 1000 or 10,000, but Goldbach is not true for what "old
> math called infinity" Goldbach is not true for "out to infinity"
> unless we specify that 10^500 is the boundary of finite
> and infinite.

This raises an interesting issue or conjecture itself. Is there a
Galois Algebra
interchange between multiplication and addition, provided, so long as
we
have a Finite Algebra of say 10^500? So that Goldbach restricted to
10^500
is true by Galois Algebra Interchange?

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/