From: Scott Leslie on
Have a new one: seems to be a common problem, but I can't find a solution on
MS's website or on the Net generally.

Running XP SP2 on a Pentium 4, Norton SystemWork's WinDoctor turns up the
message: '"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Corel\Shared\Shell
Extension\PropSchemaReg.exe" cannot access a necessary file, "propsys.dll"'

Apparently this dll is supposed to reside in C:\Windows\System32\ but
doesn't. I must have let an uninstall program delete it as an "unused"
common file. Anyone have a clue how I can obtain a new one?

--
_____
Scott Leslie

From: Scott Leslie on
Hm, never mind. I found a download at afreedll.com; several reviews on the
Web extolled the site's virtues, and Norton Internet Security passed the
file, so I copied it to the appropriate folder, and SystemWorks no longer
generates the error message.

Now I can only hope there's no malware hidden in there...

"Scott Leslie" <scottleslie(a)horizoncable.com> wrote in message
> Have a new one: seems to be a common problem, but I can't find a solution
> on MS's website or on the Net generally.
>
> Running XP SP2 on a Pentium 4, Norton SystemWork's WinDoctor turns up the
> message: '"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Corel\Shared\Shell
> Extension\PropSchemaReg.exe" cannot access a necessary file,
> "propsys.dll"'
>
> Apparently this dll is supposed to reside in C:\Windows\System32\ but
> doesn't. I must have let an uninstall program delete it as an "unused"
> common file. Anyone have a clue how I can obtain a new one?
>
> --
> _____
> Scott Leslie

Pages: 1