From: Tom W. on
Hello,

We have recently run into some trouble on our Exchange 2007 server.

When attempting to manage properties on public folders via the "Public
Folder Management Console", we get the following error message (also
attached):

*** ERROR TEXT ***
The properties on "<item name>" have invalid data. If you click OK,
default values will be used instead and will be saved if you do not
change them before hitting Apply or OK on the property page. If you
click cancel, the object will be displayed read-only and corrupted
values will be retained.

The following values have invalid data: Alias
*** ERROR TEXT ***

This system is running Exchange 2007 sp2 / update rollup 1 on Windows
2003 x64 R2 / sp2. Dual Dual-core AMD Opterons w/8GB of RAM and plenty
of storage space.

Anyone have a suggestion and/or resolution?

Thanks,
Tom W.
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Fix the alias.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: MWave6 on
Thanks Ed,

Any pointers on how to discover said alias(es)?

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
I don't know that I've seen the message you posted in the same context, so I
couldn't say. When I've gotten one message like that, I've gotten a
complete set of them.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Tom W. Tom on
OK Then Ed,

When you say "complete set", what exactly do you mean?

Also, a word of advice, a terse one-liner without sufficient background info
comes across more as a snide pot-shot than genuinely helpful - especially
when it offers little actual guidance beyond the original error message.