From: John Ciriello on
Hi, is there any way to create a pulley and cable system? The kind where the
cable is not a complete loop? For instance one end is connected to a weight
and the cable goes over a pulley, and when the other end of the rope is
pulled the weight moves. Thanks.

From: johnsuth on
In <KOsKm.30648$1g6.5124(a)newsfe10.iad>, "John Ciriello" <jc95418(a)comcast.net> writes:
>Hi, is there any way to create a pulley and cable system? The kind where the
>cable is not a complete loop? For instance one end is connected to a weight
>and the cable goes over a pulley, and when the other end of the rope is
>pulled the weight moves. Thanks.

We make models for analysis, manufacturing and presentation. The degree of
realism we demand flows from the purpose of the model.

I have been reading about coil springs and flexible hoses created in the context
of an assembly, but I think the designers were just messing around rather than
doing a paying job.

Perhaps you could adapt the belt and pulley tools.

Or experiment with linear/linear coupler.