From: David Roberts on
> /home/fetchinson/pyzui/pyzui/tilestore.py:22: DeprecationWarning: the
> sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
>   import sha
Yeah, I'd noticed that. It's fixed in the repository now.

From: David Roberts on
> Personally I see a merging of normal app windows and a zui: some kind of new
> window manager.
Have you seen Eagle Mode[1]?

[1] http://eaglemode.sourceforge.net/

From: Donn on
On Thursday 17 December 2009 10:54:59 David Roberts wrote:
> Have you seen Eagle Mode[1]?

Yes. It's a strange beast. Good start I think; but addicted to zooming, to the
detriment of the managing aspects I think. Still, here I sit writing no code
and pontificating!

\d
--
\/\/ave: donn.ingle(a)googlewave.com
From: Daniel Fetchinson on
>> /home/fetchinson/pyzui/pyzui/tilestore.py:22: DeprecationWarning: the
>> sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
>> import sha
> Yeah, I'd noticed that. It's fixed in the repository now.

Great, thanks, pulled it and all looks good.

Cheers,
Daniel

From: Terry Reedy on
On 12/17/2009 2:14 AM, Donn wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 December 2009 07:03:19 David Roberts wrote:
>> It involves scaling an image to various resolutions, and partitioning
>> them into fixed-size tiles. It's roughly the same technique used by
>> Google Maps/Earth.
> Thanks. That gives me something to go on. Wikipedia didn't like my search
> terms.
>
>>> ZUIs are useful for particular types of data - images& mapping
>>> especially - but I'd hate to have to navigate my desktop using its
>>> approach.
> Ever since Corel Draw in the 90's zoomed into my life I have been in love with
> the idea of an endless canvas that makes me feel like a satellite on a bungee
> cord. I think it would fit the desktop very well.
>
> Personally I see a merging of normal app windows and a zui: some kind of new
> window manager.

The original idea, perhaps, was from Jef Raskin in The Human Interface.
Wikipedia has articles on both. His idea was for a document rather than
app centric plain. Not clear how one would pipe data from app to app in
his model, though.

tjr