From: Donn on
Hi,
I happened upon this youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57nWm984wdY
It fairly blew my socks off. In it a fellow by the name of David Roberts demos
a zui written in Python. Aside from the zooming (which is impressive enough)
it show embedding of images, pdf files, web pages and text.

He says nothing about what toolkits were used or how it might have been done.
It's Linux-based, but no other info. On some googling, I can only find a few
bug reports on pypi related to pyQt. I would really like to find out how that
ZUI was done, it's simply amazing.

Any clues out there?

\d
--
\/\/ave: donn.ingle(a)googlewave.com
home: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/
From: Daniel Fetchinson on
> Hi,
> I happened upon this youtube link:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57nWm984wdY
> It fairly blew my socks off. In it a fellow by the name of David Roberts
> demos
> a zui written in Python. Aside from the zooming (which is impressive enough)
> it show embedding of images, pdf files, web pages and text.
>
> He says nothing about what toolkits were used or how it might have been
> done.
> It's Linux-based, but no other info. On some googling, I can only find a few
> bug reports on pypi related to pyQt. I would really like to find out how
> that
> ZUI was done, it's simply amazing.
>
> Any clues out there?

Youtube has a link 'Send message' on the profile of users, maybe
sending a message to the person who uploaded the video will give you a
useful response.

Cheers,
Daniel

From: Donn on
On Friday 11 December 2009 12:38:46 Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
> Youtube has a link 'Send message' on the profile of users, maybe
> sending a message to the person who uploaded the video will give you a
> useful response.

I'm a Tube-tard so that never crossed my mind. Will give it a go.

\d
From: Stef Mientki on
Donn wrote:
> On Friday 11 December 2009 12:38:46 Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
>
>> Youtube has a link 'Send message' on the profile of users, maybe
>> sending a message to the person who uploaded the video will give you a
>> useful response.
>>

> I'm a Tube-tard so that never crossed my mind. Will give it a go.
>
> \d

please let us know when you find more information about the project.
thanks,
Stef Mientki
From: David Boddie on
On Friday 11 December 2009 05:41, Donn wrote:

> I happened upon this youtube link:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57nWm984wdY
> It fairly blew my socks off. In it a fellow by the name of David Roberts
> demos a zui written in Python. Aside from the zooming (which is impressive
> enough) it show embedding of images, pdf files, web pages and text.
>
> He says nothing about what toolkits were used or how it might have been
> done. It's Linux-based, but no other info. On some googling, I can only
> find a few bug reports on pypi related to pyQt. I would really like to
> find out how that ZUI was done, it's simply amazing.
>
> Any clues out there?

Doesn't the author give his e-mail address at the end of the video?
(Maybe I'm thinking of a different video.)

David