From: Daniel Fetchinson on
> for fits and giggles, to show what's possible in only 400
> lines of python, here is a game of asteroids, written by joe rumsey.
> yes, it runs under pyjamas-desktop too.
>
> http://pyjs.org/examples/asteroids/public/Space.html

This URL returns a blank page for me on firefox 3.3.5 (linux) with and
without adblock plus.

Cheers,
Daniel

From: Terry Reedy on
On 4/25/2010 2:07 PM, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
>> for fits and giggles, to show what's possible in only 400
>> lines of python, here is a game of asteroids, written by joe rumsey.
>> yes, it runs under pyjamas-desktop too.
>>
>> http://pyjs.org/examples/asteroids/public/Space.html
>
> This URL returns a blank page for me on firefox 3.3.5 (linux) with and
> without adblock plus.

Ditto with ff 3.6.3 on WinXP (no adblock).

From: Terry Reedy on
On 4/25/2010 3:43 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 4/25/2010 2:07 PM, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
>>> for fits and giggles, to show what's possible in only 400
>>> lines of python, here is a game of asteroids, written by joe rumsey.
>>> yes, it runs under pyjamas-desktop too.
>>>
>>> http://pyjs.org/examples/asteroids/public/Space.html
>>
>> This URL returns a blank page for me on firefox 3.3.5 (linux) with and
>> without adblock plus.
>
> Ditto with ff 3.6.3 on WinXP (no adblock).

and IE8 on winxp. It does read the page because it does get the page title.

From: Alf P. Steinbach on
* Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton:

> http://pyjs.org/examples/asteroids/public/Space.html

<result>
An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: pyjs.org
2. URL path: /examples/asteroids/public/examples/asteroids/public/bootstrap.js
3. Error notes: NONE
4. Error type: 404
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: NONE
7. Time: 2010-04-25 19:55:16 UTC (1272225316)

Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a project web
site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be reported to the
SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).

If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of the
following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):

1. Contact the project via their designated support resources.
2. Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the
upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their usernames) at
user-name(a)users.sourceforge.net

If you are a maintainer of this web content, please refer to the Site
Documentation regarding web services for further assistance.

NOTE: As of 2008-10-23 directory index display has been disabled by default.
This option may be re-enabled by the project by placing a file with the name
".htaccess" with this line:

Options +Indexes
</result>

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf
From: Patrick Maupin on
On Apr 25, 8:49 am, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...(a)lkcl.net>
wrote:
> pyjamas - the stand-alone python-to-javascript compiler, and separate
> GUI Widget Toolkit, has its 0.7 release, today.  this has been much
> delayed, in order to allow the community plenty of time between the
> 0.7pre2 release and the final release, to review and test all the
> examples.

I know I'm a Luddite, but what I'd really love to see to go with this
is an easy way for the application, the browser, and the user to all
agree that this particular application can read and write arbitrary
files in a particular local directory.

A Python program you don't have to install, that executes really fast
on one of the newer JavaScript JIT engines, with its own purely local
data in files in a simple text format in a directory specified by the
user, instead of being all tangled up in a database with data from a
lot of different applications and buried deep in some multi-gigabyte
browser cache directory -- now that would be a platform worth
targeting.