From: a on
I am trying to write an application that takes two files from over the
internet and plots one against the other

i am getting the data ok.

if i want to plot it i have to use something like matplotlib? but
this doesn't come with the standard installation. so if i want
someone else to use this application, do they have to install
matplotlib themselves or is there a better way?

ps someone helped me with enumerate(), which works on the linux but
not on the windows?

thanks
From: Adam Tauno Williams on
On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 06:20 -0700, a wrote:
> if i want to plot it i have to use something like matplotlib? but
> this doesn't come with the standard installation. so if i want
> someone else to use this application, do they have to install
> matplotlib themselves or is there a better way?

Use PyPI to distribute your application and declare matplotlib as a
requirement in your setup.py. Then when they easy_install it should
take care of it.

From: Patrick Maupin on
On May 17, 8:20 am, a <oxfordenergyservi...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> ps someone helped me with enumerate(), which works on the linux but
> not on the windows?

enumerate() works fine on windows. Perhaps your windows box has a
really old Python?

Regards,
Pat

Pages: 1