From: John Maclean on
hi,

pyssh, pexpect, paramiko or creating your your own sockets. what do you
use to pythonically ssh to boxes?

--
John Maclean
MSc. (DIC) BSc. (Hons)
From: Michael Crute on
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:37 AM, John Maclean <jayeola(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> pyssh, pexpect, paramiko or creating your your own sockets. what do you use
> to pythonically ssh to boxes?

I think the answer to this depends on your goals. Paramiko is the best
way to go if you want a pythonic API to ssh but you also will
introduce a dependency on paramiko and a transitive dependency on
pycrypto (which requires openssl). I personally prefer to just use
subprocess with the ssh binary for most of my scripts because it
doesn't introduce any extra dependencies and is relatively easy to
implement. pyssh tries to wrap up the common ssh patterns using
os.popen but it hasn't been maintained in several years so your best
bet is probably to stick with using subprocess if you don't go with
paramiko.

--
Michael E. Crute
http://mike.crute.org

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problem just with
potatoes. --Douglas Adams