From: Aahz on
In article <mailman.574.1274742650.32709.python-list(a)python.org>,
Chris Rebert <clp2(a)rebertia.com> wrote:
>On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I mainly check online python manual. But I feel that it would be nice
>> if there is command line manual available (just like perl command line
>> manual). Could you please let me know if such command line manual
>> available?
>
>98% sure that there isn't. You could instead use a text-based console
>web browser such as lynx to view the online docs to much the same
>effect though.

....after downloading them locally so that you're not dependent on an
Internet connection. At least, that's what I've been doing for about a
decade...
--
Aahz (aahz(a)pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
start writing it." --Dijkstra
From: Tim Golden on
On 26/05/2010 14:50, Aahz wrote:
> In article<mailman.574.1274742650.32709.python-list(a)python.org>,
> Chris Rebert<clp2(a)rebertia.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Peng Yu<pengyu.ut(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I mainly check online python manual. But I feel that it would be nice
>>> if there is command line manual available (just like perl command line
>>> manual). Could you please let me know if such command line manual
>>> available?
>>
>> 98% sure that there isn't. You could instead use a text-based console
>> web browser such as lynx to view the online docs to much the same
>> effect though.
>
> ...after downloading them locally so that you're not dependent on an
> Internet connection. At least, that's what I've been doing for about a
> decade...

Wow. That's a slow internet connection you've got there...

TJG
From: Mark Lawrence on
On 26/05/2010 14:59, Tim Golden wrote:
> On 26/05/2010 14:50, Aahz wrote:
>> In article<mailman.574.1274742650.32709.python-list(a)python.org>,
>> Chris Rebert<clp2(a)rebertia.com> wrote:

>>> 98% sure that there isn't. You could instead use a text-based console
>>> web browser such as lynx to view the online docs to much the same
>>> effect though.
>>
>> ...after downloading them locally so that you're not dependent on an
>> Internet connection. At least, that's what I've been doing for about a
>> decade...
>
> Wow. That's a slow internet connection you've got there...
>
> TJG

+1 LOTW