From: Gary Herron on
On 08/06/2010 10:44 AM, prakash jp wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to aquint myself with Python Interview questions . I am a
> Python Scripter, so if u could orient the pointers in the same
> direction it would be very handy
> Regards

Huh???

From: Tim Chase on
> I would like to aquint myself with Python Interview questions

This came up a while ago:

http://www.mail-archive.com/python-list(a)python.org/msg168961.html

Most of that thread is still relevant (perhaps throw in some py3l
questions too)

-tkc

From: James Mills on
On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Tim Chase <python.list(a)tim.thechases.com> wrote:
>> I would like to aquint myself with Python Interview questions
>
> This came up a while ago:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/python-list(a)python.org/msg168961.html
>
> Most of that thread is still relevant (perhaps throw in some py3l questions
> too)

A common thing you can do in interviews is ask
your interviewee to write (in Python) a solution
to the "FizzBuzz" problem. Any good competent
Python programmer should be able to do this
in 5-10mins (5 if you're good).

cheers
james

--
-- James Mills
From: Tim Chase on
On 08/06/10 13:45, James Mills wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Tim Chase<python.list(a)tim.thechases.com> wrote:
>>> I would like to aquint myself with Python Interview questions
>>
>> This came up a while ago:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/python-list(a)python.org/msg168961.html
>>
>> Most of that thread is still relevant (perhaps throw in some py3l questions
>> too)
>
> A common thing you can do in interviews is ask
> your interviewee to write (in Python) a solution
> to the "FizzBuzz" problem. Any good competent
> Python programmer should be able to do this
> in 5-10mins (5 if you're good).

Another common thing you can do on a newsgroup is mention the
"FizzBuzz" problem. Any good competent newsgroup will produce a
multitude of proposed solutions, the majority of which will be
wrong. ;-)

-tkc

From: James Mills on
On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Tim Chase <python.list(a)tim.thechases.com> wrote:
> Another common thing you can do on a newsgroup is mention the "FizzBuzz"
> problem.  Any good competent newsgroup will produce a multitude of proposed
> solutions, the majority of which will be wrong. ;-)

That's actually a very good point! Someone should post this very problem to
this newsgroups/list and see how many active python programmers here
actually "get it right" :) *evil grin*

--james

--
-- James Mills