From: superpollo on
hi.

suppose i work in a linux environment, but i would like to ship a
win/dos executable file from time to time, just for test purposes (my
"testers" are windows users and don't want to go through the hassle of
installing python on their win boxes). what is the best way to do that?
(the application should be a simple console app, but my question applies
to gui/tkinter apps too)

hint: when i do the same in C, i usually do something like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhe6N7FB1D4

bye
From: Grant Edwards on
On 2010-06-25, superpollo <utente(a)esempio.net> wrote:

> suppose i work in a linux environment, but i would like to ship a
> win/dos executable file from time to time, just for test purposes (my
> "testers" are windows users and don't want to go through the hassle
> of installing python on their win boxes). what is the best way to do
> that? (the application should be a simple console app, but my
> question applies to gui/tkinter apps too)

http://www.google.com/search?q=python+windows+executable

You're not going to be able to do it on linux. A virtual machine
running win2k works fine, though.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I left my WALLET in
at the BATHROOM!!
From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro on
In message <4c24c152$0$31381$4fafbaef(a)reader1.news.tin.it>, superpollo
wrote:

> suppose i work in a linux environment, but i would like to ship a
> win/dos executable file from time to time, just for test purposes (my
> "testers" are windows users and don't want to go through the hassle of
> installing python on their win boxes).

Is it really such a hassle to install things on Windows?
From: Grant Edwards on
On 2010-06-28, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo(a)geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <4c24c152$0$31381$4fafbaef(a)reader1.news.tin.it>, superpollo
> wrote:
>
>> suppose i work in a linux environment, but i would like to ship a
>> win/dos executable file from time to time, just for test purposes (my
>> "testers" are windows users and don't want to go through the hassle of
>> installing python on their win boxes).
>
> Is it really such a hassle to install things on Windows?

Sometimes. But, no matter how easy it is, if you rely on your
customers to install some third party SW that's required for your
program to work, they'll figure out a way to screw it up.

If you're shipping a Windows program, you can barely count on the
target machine having a working base Windows install. Expecting
something else to be there is pure fantasy.

--
Grant
From: David Robinow on
On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<ldo(a)geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <4c24c152$0$31381$4fafbaef(a)reader1.news.tin.it>, superpollo
> wrote:
>
>> suppose i work in a linux environment, but i would like to ship a
>> win/dos executable file from time to time, just for test purposes (my
>> "testers" are windows users and don't want to go through the hassle of
>> installing python on their win boxes).
>
> Is it really such a hassle to install things on Windows?
I find it somewhat easier than on Ubuntu, but I think you've missed the point.