From: SD_V897 on
Rhodri James wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:19:44 -0000, SD_V897 <SD_V897(a)nosuchmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rhodri James wrote:

>>> A little more information, please. How does it not work for the admin
>>> user? Is there a traceback? What do you get if you try to invoke it
>>> from a command line?
>>>

>> Hi Rhodri, here's a dump file, don't know if this helps or not..
>
> So Windows is reporting a crash, then. I'll repeat my last question in
> particular; what happens when your admin user runs the program you're
> trying to invoke from the command line?

Hi Rhodri, Python Command-Line works fine. Are toy recommending to
invoke IDLE from there or from windows command line? Sorry I'm not to up
on Python is there a command that would run IDLE from command?

If I run idle.py -c -d

I get idle is not defined.

Thanks
SD
From: Rhodri James on
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:39:46 -0000, SD_V897 <SD_V897(a)nosuchmail.com> wrote:

> Rhodri James wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:19:44 -0000, SD_V897 <SD_V897(a)nosuchmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Rhodri, here's a dump file, don't know if this helps or not..
>> So Windows is reporting a crash, then. I'll repeat my last question
>> in particular; what happens when your admin user runs the program
>> you're trying to invoke from the command line?
>>

> Hi Rhodri, Python Command-Line works fine.

I'm sure it does. That's not what I asked you.

> Are toy recommending to invoke IDLE from there or from windows command
> line?

No, I'm asking you -- or rather your admin user -- to invoke the program
that is giving you grief from the command line, i.e. "python myscript.py",
and tell me what happens. "It doesn't work" won't be considered at all
helpful; without details we might as well just print out your script,
throw darts at it, and tell you the problem is where the darts land.

The rest of your answer however suggests that I've fundamentally
misunderstood what you've said. Please tell me *exactly* what happens
when it doesn't "run fine" for your admin user.

From: SD_V897 on

Rhodri James wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:39:46 -0000, SD_V897 <SD_V897(a)nosuchmail.com> wrote:

> No, I'm asking you -- or rather your admin user -- to invoke the program
> that is giving you grief from the command line, i.e. "python
> myscript.py", and tell me what happens. "It doesn't work" won't be
> considered at all helpful; without details we might as well just print
> out your script, throw darts at it, and tell you the problem is where
> the darts land.
>
> The rest of your answer however suggests that I've fundamentally
> misunderstood what you've said. Please tell me *exactly* what happens
> when it doesn't "run fine" for your admin user.

I fixed it for some reason deleting my idlerc folder allows it to work
again..

http://bugs.python.org/issue7206

Thanks everybody..

SD
From: Rhodri James on
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 04:51:38 -0000, SD_V897 <SD_V897(a)nosuchmail.com> wrote:

> Rhodri James wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:39:46 -0000, SD_V897 <SD_V897(a)nosuchmail.com>
>> wrote:
>
>> No, I'm asking you -- or rather your admin user -- to invoke the
>> program that is giving you grief from the command line, i.e. "python
>> myscript.py", and tell me what happens. "It doesn't work" won't be
>> considered at all helpful; without details we might as well just print
>> out your script, throw darts at it, and tell you the problem is where
>> the darts land.
>> The rest of your answer however suggests that I've fundamentally
>> misunderstood what you've said. Please tell me *exactly* what happens
>> when it doesn't "run fine" for your admin user.
>>

> I fixed it for some reason deleting my idlerc folder allows it to work
> again..
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue7206

Then I'd hazard a guess that it was a permissions problem. If it recurs,
please actually answer questions when we ask them, otherwise we really
might as well not bother.