From: Christopher Adams on
I have modified the message_size_limit in main.cf and restarted
postfix. If I send messages under the size specified, they are
delivered normally. If the message is over the limit, the message is
not delivered, but there is no entry in the /var/log/maillog that
shows that it was blocked. What am I missing or is this normal
behavior. Also, is there a way to send something back to the sender to
indicate that the message was too big?

--
Christopher Adams
adamsca(a)gmail.com
From: Wietse Venema on
Christopher Adams:
> I have modified the message_size_limit in main.cf and restarted
> postfix. If I send messages under the size specified, they are
> delivered normally. If the message is over the limit, the message is
> not delivered, but there is no entry in the /var/log/maillog that
> shows that it was blocked. What am I missing or is this normal
> behavior. Also, is there a way to send something back to the sender to
> indicate that the message was too big?

It's not logged because the SMTP client never sends the mail.
The SMTP server announces the size limit and that is sufficient.

Wietse