From: Victor Duchovni on
On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 01:04:30PM -0700, Christopher Adams wrote:

> I have modified the message_size_limit in main.cf and restarted
> postfix. If I send messages under the size specified, they are
> delivered normally. If the message is over the limit, the message is
> not delivered, but there is no entry in the /var/log/maillog that
> shows that it was blocked.

Messages over the size limit are not typically blocked. Rather the
sending system sees the size limit and does even send the message,
returning a bounce to the sender instead.

--
Viktor.

From: Christopher Adams on
Thank you for your reply. I did find the bounce that indicates that
the limit had been exceeded. I thought that the logs might also
reflect that it had been blocked.

Another question - can the message that the sender receives be modified?

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Victor
Duchovni<Victor.Duchovni(a)morganstanley.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 01:04:30PM -0700, Christopher Adams wrote:
>
>> I have modified the message_size_limit in main.cf and restarted
>> postfix. If I send messages under the size specified, they are
>> delivered normally. If the message is over the limit, the message is
>> not delivered, but there is no entry in the /var/log/maillog that
>> shows that it was blocked.
>
> Messages over the size limit are not typically blocked. Rather the
> sending system sees the size limit and does even send the message,
> returning a bounce to the sender instead.
>
> --
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Viktor.
>
> Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored.
> Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.

> If my response solves your problem, the best way to thank me is to not
> send an "it worked, thanks" follow-up. If you must respond, please put
> "It worked, thanks" in the "Subject" so I can delete these quickly.

--=20
Christopher Adams
adamsca(a)gmail.com