From: Brother Railgun of Reason on
On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 10:59:43AM -0800, mogambo wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to come up with a solution to the current Samba authentication
> voes on the gateway server for our distributed file system. We currently
> use smbpasswd file on the gateway server for authentication, which is not a
> secure way and requires each user to be specifically added in.

Speaking of authentication ... if using the tdbsam backend (or the
smbpasswd backend, for that matter), is there any way to FORCE
resolution of a username to a specific numeric Unix UID?

--
Phil Stracchino, CDK#2 DoD#299792458 ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
alaric(a)caerllewys.net alaric(a)metrocast.net phil(a)co.ordinate.org