From: Jose on
On Jun 6, 4:30 am, "Mr Percy Verence" <xub...(a)beagle.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where the icon for bringing up the Desktop would be
> situated please,
> I have somehow deleted the shortcut from the quick launch toolbar, I have
> found a shortcut
> that I have placed into the quick launch bar, but it brings up a desktop
> explorer window
> instead of the main desktop, I am using XP pro with sp3 and IE.8. I can live
> with the way
> it is now displayed, but I would rather it were working correctly,
> thank you for any help
> regards from OZ

Soitenly:

Here is a article from MS that tells how to do it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355

Right click the new Quick Launch icon and Rename it to something like:

Show Desktop

There is nothing mysterious about the QL area - it is just some
regular shortcuts in a regular folder where you can browse to with
Explorer and add/modify/delete
them just like anything else. Everybody has one!

For me:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jose\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

The Show Desktop is a little different being a shell command file
(.SCF)