From: occam on
On 14/06/2010 12:16, Steve Hayes wrote:
> Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7?
>
> I want to create shortcuts to a program but it doesn't show the program
> location.
>
> I want to change icons for a program but it won't do it.
>
> I know this one is for XP, but I can't find a Windows 7 one.

No newsgroups for Win 7, I am afraid. You will need to ask your question
at the appropriate Forum.

Select the one you need from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

I despise Forums. So, good luck!
From: William B. Lurie on
Steve Hayes wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:40:50 +0200, occam <occam(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>> On 14/06/2010 12:16, Steve Hayes wrote:
>>> Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7?
>>>
>>> I want to create shortcuts to a program but it doesn't show the program
>>> location.
>>>
>>> I want to change icons for a program but it won't do it.
>>>
>>> I know this one is for XP, but I can't find a Windows 7 one.
>>>

>> No newsgroups for Win 7, I am afraid. You will need to ask your question
>> at the appropriate Forum.
>>
>> Select the one you need from here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx
>>
>> I despise Forums. So, good luck!
>
> Well a newsgroup is a kind of forum, but if it's a web-interface forum it's
> very difficult to know or find out when anyone has answered a question. I
> usually forget to look, and then when I remember to look I can't find the
> place again.

Newsgroups and forums are only as good (or bad) as the people
who inhabit them. Be a good neighbor, and hop you find other
good neighbors. I already migrated to an XP forum and got
a response as quickly as I've always gotten from the MVPs
here. And at least one of the names stayed the same......
From: Shenan Stanley on

Steve Hayes wrote:
> Alas, mine is one that doesn't.

Use a different server then...
http://aioe.org/

Over 40,000 newsgroups - including the one under discussion here.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: jyazelz on
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:54:38 +0200, Steve Hayes <hayesstw(a)telkomsa.net>
wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:23:53 +1000, Erik Vastmasd <erik.vastm(a)sd.invalid>
>wrote:
>>I caught a glimpse of Steve Hayes <hayesstw(a)telkomsa.net> on Mon, 14 Jun
>>2010 12:16:53 +0200, writing in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics:
>>>Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7?
>>"alt.windows7.general" but not all news servers carry it.
>
>Alas, mine is one that doesn't.

Ask them to start carrying it.