From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andre_H=FCbner?= on
Hello,

i want to do a exact calculating quota with postfix<->mysql to reject incoming mails if user is over quota.
Complete storage-statistics+quota is done by dovecot in background.
Currently i use check_recipient_access mysql:/path/mysql.conf to get return value.
But for an exact calculation i misses value of current mailsize to calculate expected storageconsumption.
Is there a way to get size of mail into my sql-query?
My 2nd option would be a policy-service which gets mailsize delivered as attribut by postfixserver.
Whats the better way?

Thanks,
Andre
From: Simon Morvan on
Le 03/03/2010 09:17, Andre H�bner a �crit :
> Hello,
>
> i want to do a exact calculating quota with postfix<->mysql to reject
> incoming mails if user is over quota.
> Complete storage-statistics+quota is done by dovecot in background.
> Currently i use check_recipient_access mysql:/path/mysql.conf to get
> return value.
> But for an exact calculation i misses value of current mailsize to
> calculate expected storageconsumption.
> Is there a way to get size of mail into my sql-query?
> My 2nd option would be a policy-service which gets mailsize delivered
> as attribut by postfixserver.
> Whats the better way?
>
> Thanks,
> Andre
Maybe you should give a try to dovecot-deliver. It'll take care of the
quota stuff directly.

--
Simon

From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andre_H=FCbner?= on
Hallo,

>Maybe you should give a try to dovecot-deliver. It'll take care of the
>quota stuff directly.

this is working already but is not rejecting a mail on smtp-dialog. it
deletes the mail after postfix was accepting it and this is a legal
difference.

Thanks,
Andre

From: Simon Morvan on
On 03/03/2010 10:18, Andre H�bner wrote:
> Hallo,
>
>> Maybe you should give a try to dovecot-deliver. It'll take care of
>> the quota stuff directly.
>
> this is working already but is not rejecting a mail on smtp-dialog. it
> deletes the mail after postfix was accepting it and this is a legal
> difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Andre
Do you use deliver's -e switch ?