From: Damian Lidgard on
I run Powerpoint 2002 on a PC.

I want to use the 'Dissolve In' animation to bring in photographs that were
shot through a window during rain. I like the idea of small bits of the
photos appearing randomly in the 'Dissolve In' animation (as you would
experience if looking at something through a window while raining) but really
don't like the 'pixel' look and would prefer circles or drops. Ever heard of
such animation?
From: Michael Koerner on
I don't know of anything that does that explicitly but here are a couple of
places where you might get some good ideas. Look at the Translucent Fading
one here http://pptheaven.mvps.org/tutorials.html Not free but might be
useful, the jigsaw maker found here
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Jigsaw_Maker.html

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
I don't think there's any simple way to get a realistic animation but you
might also want to try this.

Insert the picture - no animation
Copy and paste to get a second copy
Shrink this copy to 10% of the original size or even less
Right Click and save as picture
Insert this picture and stretch it back to the original size - it will be
very blurry
Give this picture a very slow exit dissolve out.

Sometimes looks OK sometimes doesn't
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
PPTLive Atlanta Oct 11-14 2009

From: "Jean-Pierre Forestier [MVP[" jeaNONn-pierre.forestier on
I use Sqirlz Water Reflections http://www.xiberpix.net/SqirlzReflect.html
that creates animations of water, rain or snow on a picture (=animated GIF)
that you can insert as a picture

"Damian Lidgard" <DamianLidgard(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le
message de news: 3D046C72-6271-457C-BF7B-68228DA530E3(a)microsoft.com...

From: Geetesh Bajaj on
Another trick:

1. Create a rained-effect of the picture you need in a program like Adobe
Photoshop, or any of the other alternative programs.

2. Place the original picture on your slide.

3. Place the rained-effect picture on top of the picture on the same slide.

4. Add a slow fade animation to the top picture.

--
Geetesh Bajaj, Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
http://www.indezine.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4416 (20090911) __________