From: John E. on
Recently I have been getting the following blue screen error messages:
"driver system unloaded without cancelling pending operations. Stop:
0X000000D4 (0XBAC97F38, DX00000002, 0X00000001, 0X804DBC9A) rdbss.sys.
Beginning physical dump of memory, etc." It seems to be becoming more
frequent. And then today, I got a different one relating to tcpip.sys:
stop 0X000000D1 (0X01C5BBF4). Rebooted, but after several minutes, I got
the rdbss.sys error message again. Anybody know what I can do to track this
down and stop it?
Thanks

From: S.Sengupta on
May be the rdbss.sys file got corrupted.
rdbss.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers.You may
extract a fresh file from XP CD.
Some malware can camouflage themselves as rdbss.sys, particularly if
they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check
the rdbss.sys process on your pc whether it is pest or not.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

John E. wrote:

> Recently I have been getting the following blue screen error messages:
> "driver system unloaded without cancelling pending operations. Stop:
> 0X000000D4 (0XBAC97F38, DX00000002, 0X00000001, 0X804DBC9A) rdbss.sys.
> Beginning physical dump of memory, etc." It seems to be becoming more
> frequent. And then today, I got a different one relating to tcpip.sys:
> stop 0X000000D1 (0X01C5BBF4). Rebooted, but after several minutes, I got
> the rdbss.sys error message again. Anybody know what I can do to track this
> down and stop it?
> Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: Startup Situation