From: Viper900 on

I have made the label function work. Thanks to Bob Butler,Mikse S & D for
there suggestions.

NO thanks to Kevin Provance for accusing me of plagiarism

From: Tony Toews on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:26:22 -0700, Viper900
<Viper900(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>NO thanks to Kevin Provance for accusing me of plagiarism

I steal lots of code from the Internet. If it's public and the
author states then it's fair game.

I have, umm, more then 3000 lines of API code in my larger VB6 exe.
It's all been cunnily stolen from somewhere. Although mostly from
vbnet.mvps.org.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: David Kaye on
Tony Toews <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>I have, umm, more then 3000 lines of API code in my larger VB6 exe.
>It's all been cunnily stolen from somewhere. Although mostly from
>vbnet.mvps.org.

It's not stolen if it's made freely available. There are lots of good people
out there who post code and even finished products simply for the sake of
advancing the art. I've put up lots of stuff over the years and I also answer
questions online for free that I normally charge my customers to have. But my
customers don't advance the art; people who participate in these discussions
often/usually do.

From: Kevin Provance on

"Viper900" <Viper900(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:
: I have made the label function work. Thanks to Bob Butler,Mikse S & D for
: there suggestions.
:
: NO thanks to Kevin Provance for accusing me of plagiarism

Oh lord, not another one.

Before I even bother to reply to this, perhaps you should look up the
definition of the word "plagiarism". It doesn't apply to this situation.

Anyhoo, what I can do is read between the lines. If you don't know how to
update a label, but have the know how to loop through dirs on a hard drive,
that suggests you're using code someone else wrote without understanding how
it works. Don't feel bad. Most everyone here does it. Hell, I've done it.
But at least I looked at what I was using in an attempt to understand it and
how it applied to my situation. Most folks just plug it in and ask why "it
don't work". And here is another novel concept: posting the code you are
using. When folks refuse to do that, it's usually cause they're afraid to
be busted out for using someone else's code. Again, if you're using someone
else's example and you don't understand it...that's the time to ask, while
posting the relevant section you don't understand.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk! Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!
Spell checked and awaiting Davida's approval.

From: Tony Toews on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 06:36:14 GMT, sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye)
wrote:

>>I have, umm, more then 3000 lines of API code in my larger VB6 exe.
>>It's all been cunnily stolen from somewhere. Although mostly from
>>vbnet.mvps.org.
>
>It's not stolen if it's made freely available.

Good point. I should've have used that terminology.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP