From: Jeff T. on
On startup I get an error that says something like "Application could not
start because MSVCR71.dll could not be found. Reinstalling the application
might fix the problem." And I think it's reader_sl.exe that won't start.
Jeff

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Jeff T." <jeftho(a)nospam.invalid> said this in news item
> On startup I get an error that says something like "Application could not
> start because MSVCR71.dll could not be found. Reinstalling the application
> might fix the problem." And I think it's reader_sl.exe that won't start.
> Jeff

What is reader_sl.exe? Where does it reside? What makes you suspect that it
is the culprit? Malware?

From: Bob I on
Adobe reader Speed Launcher, remove the Shortcut to it that resides in
Programs, Startup, and that should take care of the issue.

From: Jeff T. on
It slready resides in C/Documents and Settings/All Users/Programs/Startup

From: Bob I on
Yes and if you Remove it, then it won't be called.