From: Tad McClellan on
Sooraj S <soorajspadmanabhan(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to read all the data from a file into an array. But if there
> is any "#" character in the file it should be replaced with "&"
> character. How to store "$_" into an array?

If you want all the lines in an array, then read all of the lines
into an array in the first place.

--------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;

local @ARGV = './ip_file';
my @tmp_arr = <>;
foreach (@tmp_arr) {
tr/#/&/;
}

foreach (@tmp_arr) {
print;
}
--------------------------

--
Tad McClellan
email: perl -le "print scalar reverse qq/moc.liamg\100cm.j.dat/"
From: J�rgen Exner on
Peter Valdemar M�rch <4ux6as402(a)sneakemail.com> wrote:
>On Jun 30, 5:00�pm, J rgen Exner <jurge...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Where is this array coming from? You never declared it (are you using
>> warnings and strictures? You absolutely should!!!) and never defined it,
>> therefore it is empty and this loop will never be executed.
>
>Uhm, didn't he in fact declare it explicitly?:

You are right, sorry.
Still, he doesn't put any values in it.

jue