From: cate on
There is the ability to undo a sort so I suspect the information I
want is somewhere. Is there a way to take a "snap shot" of a sheet's
current row order, and then restore that row order at any point in the
future? During sheet processing, rows will not be added, but data in
any cell may change.

The only other way I can think of doing this, is to record the order
of some "signature" column and then use it to re-write the processed
sheet to a scratch sheet.

Thank you
From: joel on

Add a new column before you do the 1st sort with number 1 to last row.
then sor tby the new column when you want to restore the data. You can
use the =ROW() function and copy down the column as a quick method of
getting the numbers in the new column. Then use PasteSpecial - Values
to convert the formula to numbers before you sort.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

[url="http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/"]Excel Live Chat[/url]