From: Thomas Anderson on
Say I have a local installation of PEAR at c:\php. I'd like to move
it to c:\php53 but don't want to have to reinstall PEAR. Problem with
just renaming the directory is that the stuff in pear.ini would still
need to be updated. Sure, I can do that easily enough, myself, but
maybe there's a way for PEAR to just sorta recalculate the values,
itself?
From: Brett Bieber on
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Thomas Anderson <zelnaga(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Say I have a local installation of PEAR at c:\php.  I'd like to move
> it to c:\php53 but don't want to have to reinstall PEAR.  Problem with
> just renaming the directory is that the stuff in pear.ini would still
> need to be updated.  Sure, I can do that easily enough, myself, but
> maybe there's a way for PEAR to just sorta recalculate the values,
> itself?

You could try Pyrus, the new PEAR package installer for php 5.3.1+.
Pyrus supports moving the entire registry and is not tied to a
specific system or user installation.

More info here:
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installationpyrus.introduction.php

--