From: Thomas Anderson on
At first I was getting the following errors:

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for
'-6.0/no DST' instead in Validate.php on line 456

So I added 'date.timezone = "America/Chicago"' to my php.ini and
although I no longer get the above error the dates on the files in my
*.tgz still say January 1, 1970.

Any ideas?
From: Brett Bieber on
Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Thomas Anderson <zelnaga(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> At first I was getting the following errors:
>
> Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
> settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
> date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
> methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
> misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for
> '-6.0/no DST' instead in Validate.php on line 456
>
> So I added 'date.timezone = "America/Chicago"' to my php.ini and
> although I no longer get the above error the dates on the files in my
> *.tgz still say January 1, 1970.

Hmm, that tells me the timestamp used for the calculation was probably
0 or false.

> Any ideas?

What date are you referring to? Which .tgz, and what dates? I see
you're trying to use the Validate package, what methods were you
using, or what were you trying when the error occurs?

--
Brett Bieber
From: Brett Bieber on
Please reply on-list instead of to me directly.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Thomas Anderson <zelnaga(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Brett Bieber <brett.bieber(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> What date are you referring to? Which .tgz, and what dates? I see
>> you're trying to use the Validate package, what methods were you
>> using, or what were you trying when the error occurs?
>
> It's just a *.tgz I was trying to create for test purposes with "pear
> package".  And it's not that I'm "trying" to use the Validate package
> - if "pear package" didn't use the Validate package I wouldn't be
> using it myself.
>
> And the dates are the files in the *.zip.  package.xml and the various
> *.php files mentioned in package.xml.

Aha. Your package.xml must be invalid?

pear package-validate

should help you out, otherwise you can use something like xmllint
--valid package.xml --schema /path/to/packagexmlv2.xsd

The PEAR package file manager package can help build the package.xml
if you're having trouble, or you can also use the developer tools in
Pyrus to generate a package.xml from a standard package layout.

--
Brett Bieber