From: James Lever on
I’ve been banging my head away at this for a while today and all I have is a headache.

Is there a (preferably generic) way to redirect *all* delivery to local accounts to $local@$mydomain instead of delivering to /var/mail/ ?

(I’m trying to setup a true NULL CLIENT configuration so that even ‘mail $local’ works on the client host)

cheers,
James

From: Wietse Venema on
James Lever:
> I_ve been banging my head away at this for a while today and all
> I have is a headache.
>
> Is there a (preferably generic) way to redirect *all* delivery to
> local accounts to $local@$mydomain instead of delivering to
> /var/mail/ ?
>
> (I_m trying to setup a true NULL CLIENT configuration so that even
> _mail $local_ works on the client host)

http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#myorigin

See the *second* paragraph.

Wietse

From: Victor Duchovni on

Also: http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#quick

--
Viktor.

From: James Lever on

On 25/03/2010, at 3:45 AM, Victor Duchovni wrote:

>> http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#myorigin
>>
>> See the *second* paragraph.
>
> Also: http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#quick

Unfortunately, the problem with both of these configurations is that I cannot expose the root user such that the root account shows up as root@$myhostname

I could not see the ExposeRoot type functionality that Sendmail had. Does that exist? (I know I could have a sender_canonical_map but I don’t see a way to generalise having root being exposed without explicitly entering the hostname and therefore editing files for every system)

cheers,
James

From: Wietse Venema on
James Lever:
> On 25/03/2010, at 3:45 AM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
> >>
> >> http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#myorigin
> >>
> >> See the *second* paragraph.
> >
> > Also: http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#quick
>
> Unfortunately, the problem with both of these configurations is
> that I cannot expose the root user such that the root account
> shows up as root@$myhostname

See http://www.postfix.org/ADRESS_REWRITING_README.html, option
address masquerading.

> I could not see the ExposeRoot type functionality that Sendmail
> had. Does that exist? (I know I could have a sender_canonical_map
> but I don_t see a way to generalise having root being exposed
> without explicitly entering the hostname and therefore editing
> files for every system)

See "delivering some addresses locally", in the
STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.

Wietse