From: FTR on
Is there a good registry defragmenter ? I used the trial version of
advanced registry optimizer - which got a fair evaluation in PCMag (?) -
and got a remarkable acceleration of the PC after the registry cleaning
& defragmentation. The trial period expired and like to know whether
whether there is a free registry defragmenter that people here can
recommand.

Frank
From: hummingbird on
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:49:08 +0200, FTR <news.ftr(a)free.fr>
mysteriously appeared thru the usenet mist to inform us thus...

>Is there a good registry defragmenter ? I used the trial version of
>advanced registry optimizer - which got a fair evaluation in PCMag (?) -
>and got a remarkable acceleration of the PC after the registry cleaning
>& defragmentation. The trial period expired and like to know whether
>whether there is a free registry defragmenter that people here can
>recommand.

Afaik most folks use NTReg Optimizer (me included):

Also check out Erunt and Pagefile defragger from the same site.

--
smart men solve problems, wise men avoid them.
From: vbMark on
FTR <news.ftr(a)free.fr> wrote in news:434fb74c$0$7857$8fcfb975
@news.wanadoo.fr:

> Is there a good registry defragmenter ? I used the trial version of
> advanced registry optimizer - which got a fair evaluation in PCMag (?) -
> and got a remarkable acceleration of the PC after the registry cleaning
> & defragmentation. The trial period expired and like to know whether
> whether there is a free registry defragmenter that people here can
> recommand.
>
> Frank

If you had gone to my website :) you would have found
RegCompact
http://www.experimentalscene.com/?type=1&id=regcompact

Get freeware
http://www.vbmark.com
From: Lew/+Silat on

"hummingbird" <XSJCLSIAEMCA(a)spammotel.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:49:08 +0200, FTR <news.ftr(a)free.fr>
> mysteriously appeared thru the usenet mist to inform us thus...
>
>>Is there a good registry defragmenter ? I used the trial version of
>>advanced registry optimizer - which got a fair evaluation in PCMag (?) -
>>and got a remarkable acceleration of the PC after the registry cleaning
>>& defragmentation. The trial period expired and like to know whether
>>whether there is a free registry defragmenter that people here can
>>recommand.
>
> Afaik most folks use NTReg Optimizer (me included):
> http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
>
> Also check out Erunt and Pagefile defragger from the same site.
>
> --
> smart men solve problems, wise men avoid them.

I only see Erunt,NtRegOpt and Erunt Task. Could you tell me where the page
file defragger is?

--
Lew/+Silat

From: Mike Bourke on
"hummingbird" <XSJCLSIAEMCA(a)spammotel.com> wrote in message
> Afaik most folks use NTReg Optimizer (me included):
> http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
>
> Also check out Erunt and Pagefile defragger from the same site.

Do these programs work for Win98?

Mike

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4