From: N Cook on
David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
news:CQwtf.743$0c.490(a)trnddc07...
> From: "N Cook" <diverse(a)tcp.co.uk>
>

> | Unzipped ok into
> | C:\AV-CLS\
> | with 21 files
> | but whether on or off line would not start,
> | returning
> | "Cannot find the file C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.bat (or one of its
components)"
> | despite double-clicking on its label
> |
> | Running
> | C:\AV-CLS\kix32 C:\AV-CLS\menu.kix
> | opens but fails to find material also
> |
> | Windows 2000 if relevant
> |

> I don't uderstand the problem you are having.
>
> If all 21 files are in the folder C:\AV-CLS the it should all work.
>
> Verify that C:\AV-CLS does indeed have 21 files.
>
> Open a Command Prompt.
>
> Type the following commands...
>
> cd\av-cls
> kix32 menu.kix
>
> Any error messages displayed ?
> If yes, what are they ?
>

> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

I first typed h for help
Acrobat (4 if relevant ) opened
and 5 times I closed the "There was an error opening the
doc. The file does not exist " box
before it returned to menu.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "N Cook" <diverse(a)tcp.co.uk>

| I first typed h for help
| Acrobat (4 if relevant ) opened
| and 5 times I closed the "There was an error opening the
| doc. The file does not exist " box
| before it returned to menu.

Just double click on; "C:\AV-CLS\Multi AV Command Line Scanner.PDF"

If you ar using NT4, you should delete Acrobat v4.x, reboot the PC and install Acrobat v7.x

The log snippet shows there are Java Script Trojans as .CLASS files in Java Jars.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5...

Please logon as'administrator' and dump the contents of your IE cache -
Start --> settings --> control panel --> Internet options --> delete files

W32/Aliz(a)MM -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99260.htm

This is an old worm that exploits and old vulner ability.

You need to have win2K SP4 and the post SP4 Update RollOut installed on teh PC as well as
IE6 SP1 and all Critical updates installed on your PC.

You also show adware with the Trojans and Virus found on the computer.

You'll need to scan with McAfee in Normal Mode and in Safe Mode and use another scanner such
as Sophos and/or Kaspersky and Normal and safe Modes.

Then we can go on from there...

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
David H. Lipman wrote:

> If you ar using NT4, you should delete Acrobat v4.x, reboot the PC and
> install Acrobat v7.x

...or skip that pig altogether and get the free FoxItReader, which seems
to do everything Adobe does while not being intrusive at all.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer