From: "Elissa p" <Elissa on
I need to reinstall windows on my laptop (hp ze4400) and i lost my
reinstallation disk. can i do it online?
From: Rich Barry on
No, but you can try calling Microsoft.

From: Anando [MS-MVP] on
No, you need a Windows XP installation disk. More info:

How to install or upgrade to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316941&Product=winxp

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] on
HP Pavilions that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do
not come with Recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden
space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery
information.

Read the following article thoroughly, then follow
the steps outlined to perform a "non-destructive"
recovery operation.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07145&product=71013&dlc=en&lang=en

If a "non-destructive" recovery will not work, then you'll have
to resort to a "destructive recovery" which will reformat the
drive, thus wiping it clean of all files before Windows XP is
reinstalled.

Obtaining HP Recovery CDs
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=71013&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07143

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

From: Plato on
=?Utf-8?B?RWxpc3NhIHA=?= wrote:

> I need to reinstall windows on my laptop (hp ze4400) and i lost my
> reinstallation disk. can i do it online?

One must always have the CD for the OS they want to use. Time to
buy/acquire one.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

 |  Next  |  Last