From: "D@annyBoy" <origin @ld @nnyboy @ on
did a repair on WinXP and during the installaing devices pprocess, usbehci.sys
is needed.
unable to locate this file in the WinXP CD. Is this a windows file?

From: Steve N. on
D(a)annyBoy wrote:

> did a repair on WinXP and during the installaing devices pprocess, usbehci.sys
> is needed.
> unable to locate this file in the WinXP CD. Is this a windows file?

Yes but not included on your old XP CD. Ignore the error and then apply
SP2 after the repair completes. One reason it is best to use a
slipstreamed CD that includes SP2 for repair installs.

Steve N.
From: "D@annyBoy" <origin @ld @nnyboy @ on
have a silpstreamed CD that includes SP2
can I use that to repair WinXP SP2?
my usb ports are not working anymore after repair using XP CD

While sipping a glass of green tea, I read that Steve N. wrote in

From: Steve N. on
D(a)annyBoy wrote:

> have a silpstreamed CD that includes SP2
> can I use that to repair WinXP SP2?

As long as they are the same version (Pro/Home) and type (OEM/Retail), yes.

> my usb ports are not working anymore after repair using XP CD

Try the repair install with the slipstreamed CD.

Steve N.

> While sipping a glass of green tea, I read that Steve N. wrote in
>

>>D(a)annyBoy wrote:
>>

>>>did a repair on WinXP and during the installaing devices pprocess,
>>>usbehci.sys is needed.
>>>unable to locate this file in the WinXP CD. Is this a windows file?
>>
>>Yes but not included on your old XP CD. Ignore the error and then apply SP2
>>after the repair completes. One reason it is best to use a slipstreamed CD
>>that includes SP2 for repair installs.
>>
>>Steve N.

Pages: 1
Prev: reinstallation