From: Patrick Chemla on
Hi,

I am managing my emails on 2 Postfix 2.7 servers.

A front smtpd server receives all messages from outside and inside
users, and a back server handles email boxes for local domains deliveries.

I am trying to send directly messages from the front smtpd to the back
server without looking to MX from DNS.

So, in the /etc/postfix/transport file, I put lines as follow:

example1.com :[10.0.0.2]
example2.com :[10.0.0.2]
example3.com :[10.0.0.2]
example4.com :[10.0.0.2]

exampleN.com are domains to relay directly to internal server 10.0.0.2
without looking to DNS (using brackets).

I have run postmap transport and postfix reload.

I made some simple tests puting mails through a telnet to port 25 of the
front server.

It still lookup for MX for domains exampleN.com and delivers through an
outside address. If I set this MX to be the smtpd front server, I wonder
what will happen. At least, not what I want.

I made something wrong, but what?
Thanks for help.
Patrick

From: Wietse Venema on
Patrick Chemla:
> Hi,
>
> I am managing my emails on 2 Postfix 2.7 servers.
>
> A front smtpd server receives all messages from outside and inside
> users, and a back server handles email boxes for local domains deliveries.
>
> I am trying to send directly messages from the front smtpd to the back
> server without looking to MX from DNS.
>
> So, in the /etc/postfix/transport file, I put lines as follow:
>
> example1.com :[10.0.0.2]
> example2.com :[10.0.0.2]
> example3.com :[10.0.0.2]
> example4.com :[10.0.0.2]
>
> exampleN.com are domains to relay directly to internal server 10.0.0.2
> without looking to DNS (using brackets).
>
> I have run postmap transport and postfix reload.
>
> I made some simple tests puting mails through a telnet to port 25 of the
> front server.
>
> It still lookup for MX for domains exampleN.com and delivers through an
> outside address. If I set this MX to be the smtpd front server, I wonder
> what will happen. At least, not what I want.
>
> I made something wrong, but what?

Thank you for using Postfix.

From: Patrick Chemla on
Le 23/05/2010 18:20, Wietse Venema a �crit :
> Patrick Chemla:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am managing my emails on 2 Postfix 2.7 servers.
>>
>> A front smtpd server receives all messages from outside and inside
>> users, and a back server handles email boxes for local domains deliveries.
>>
>> I am trying to send directly messages from the front smtpd to the back
>> server without looking to MX from DNS.
>>
>> So, in the /etc/postfix/transport file, I put lines as follow:
>>
>> example1.com :[10.0.0.2]
>> example2.com :[10.0.0.2]
>> example3.com :[10.0.0.2]
>> example4.com :[10.0.0.2]
>>
>> exampleN.com are domains to relay directly to internal server 10.0.0.2
>> without looking to DNS (using brackets).
>>
>> I have run postmap transport and postfix reload.
>>
>> I made some simple tests puting mails through a telnet to port 25 of the
>> front server.
>>
>> It still lookup for MX for domains exampleN.com and delivers through an
>> outside address. If I set this MX to be the smtpd front server, I wonder
>> what will happen. At least, not what I want.
>>
>> I made something wrong, but what?
>>
> TO REPORT A PROBLEM see http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail
>
> TO (UN)SUBSCRIBE see http://www.postfix.org/lists.html
>
> Thank you for using Postfix.

Wietse,

Does it mean that I did right and it could be a bug?

Thanks
Patrick

From: "Pau Amma" on
On Sun, May 23, 2010 3:39 pm, Patrick Chemla wrote:
> Le 23/05/2010 18:20, Wietse Venema a �crit :
>> Patrick Chemla:
>>
>>> [snip incomplete problem description]
>>>
>>> I made something wrong, but what?
>>>
>> TO REPORT A PROBLEM see http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail
>>
>> TO (UN)SUBSCRIBE see http://www.postfix.org/lists.html
>>
>> Thank you for using Postfix.
>>
> Wietse,
>
> Does it mean that I did right and it could be a bug?

It means that to get a meaningful answer, you should read the page at
http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail and provide the info
requested.

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Patrick Chemla <patrick.chemla(a)perfaction.net>:
> Hi,
>
> I am managing my emails on 2 Postfix 2.7 servers.
>
> A front smtpd server receives all messages from outside and inside
> users, and a back server handles email boxes for local domains
> deliveries.
>
> I am trying to send directly messages from the front smtpd to the
> back server without looking to MX from DNS.
>
> So, in the /etc/postfix/transport file, I put lines as follow:
>
> example1.com :[10.0.0.2]
> example2.com :[10.0.0.2]
> example3.com :[10.0.0.2]
> example4.com :[10.0.0.2]
>
> exampleN.com are domains to relay directly to internal server
> 10.0.0.2 without looking to DNS (using brackets).
>
> I have run postmap transport and postfix reload.

postfix reload is not needed (I think)

> I made some simple tests puting mails through a telnet to port 25 of
> the front server.
>
> It still lookup for MX for domains exampleN.com and delivers through
> an outside address.

How do you know that?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt