From: EdStevens on
Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 on Solaris 5.10

Does anyone know what the wait event 'reliable message' means?

A search of MetaLink turned up 6 hits, 5 of which were from the forum,
and all 6 hits only because it was in a list of wait events.

A serch of this newsgroup turned up many hits, but the same end result
.... it was simply part of a list of events. No explanation.

It is not listed at all in the 'wait events' chapter of the "Oracle®
Database Reference
10g Release 2 (10.2)."

We're involved in a root cause analysis exercise (never any fun!) and
this wait event is near the top of a lot of the performance reports
we're getting out of Grid.

From: EscVector on

EdStevens wrote:
> Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 on Solaris 5.10
>
> Does anyone know what the wait event 'reliable message' means?
>
> A search of MetaLink turned up 6 hits, 5 of which were from the forum,
> and all 6 hits only because it was in a list of wait events.
>
> A serch of this newsgroup turned up many hits, but the same end result
> ... it was simply part of a list of events. No explanation.
>
> It is not listed at all in the 'wait events' chapter of the "Oracle®
> Database Reference
> 10g Release 2 (10.2)."
>
> We're involved in a root cause analysis exercise (never any fun!) and
> this wait event is near the top of a lot of the performance reports
> we're getting out of Grid.

I believe it is part of the Enterprise Service Bus architecture. Not
sure how it integrates with your situation, but I'd check out the app
side messaging as a bottleneck. Are use using BPLE or SOA
architecture?

Maybe you saw this:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/bpel_cookbook/qualcomm-bpel.html

From: EscVector on

EscVector wrote:
> EdStevens wrote:
> > Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 on Solaris 5.10
> >
> > Does anyone know what the wait event 'reliable message' means?
> >
> > A search of MetaLink turned up 6 hits, 5 of which were from the forum,
> > and all 6 hits only because it was in a list of wait events.
> >
> > A serch of this newsgroup turned up many hits, but the same end result
> > ... it was simply part of a list of events. No explanation.
> >
> > It is not listed at all in the 'wait events' chapter of the "Oracle®
> > Database Reference
> > 10g Release 2 (10.2)."
> >
> > We're involved in a root cause analysis exercise (never any fun!) and
> > this wait event is near the top of a lot of the performance reports
> > we're getting out of Grid.
>
> I believe it is part of the Enterprise Service Bus architecture. Not
> sure how it integrates with your situation, but I'd check out the app
> side messaging as a bottleneck. Are use using BPLE or SOA
> architecture?
>
> Maybe you saw this:
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/bpel_cookbook/qualcomm-bpel..html

Forgot, could also be LDAP related. Haven't found a good definition
for the wait. Using LDAP authentication?

From: EdStevens on

EscVector wrote:
> EscVector wrote:
> > EdStevens wrote:
> > > Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 on Solaris 5.10
> > >
> > > Does anyone know what the wait event 'reliable message' means?
> > >
> > > A search of MetaLink turned up 6 hits, 5 of which were from the forum,
> > > and all 6 hits only because it was in a list of wait events.
> > >
> > > A serch of this newsgroup turned up many hits, but the same end result
> > > ... it was simply part of a list of events. No explanation.
> > >
> > > It is not listed at all in the 'wait events' chapter of the "Oracle®
> > > Database Reference
> > > 10g Release 2 (10.2)."
> > >
> > > We're involved in a root cause analysis exercise (never any fun!) and
> > > this wait event is near the top of a lot of the performance reports
> > > we're getting out of Grid.
> >
> > I believe it is part of the Enterprise Service Bus architecture. Not
> > sure how it integrates with your situation, but I'd check out the app
> > side messaging as a bottleneck. Are use using BPLE or SOA
> > architecture?
> >
> > Maybe you saw this:
> > http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/bpel_cookbook/qualcomm-bpel.html
>
> Forgot, could also be LDAP related. Haven't found a good definition
> for the wait. Using LDAP authentication?

No LDAP.

From: EscVector on

EdStevens wrote:
> EscVector wrote:
> > EscVector wrote:

> > > I believe it is part of the Enterprise Service Bus architecture. Not
> > > sure how it integrates with your situation, but I'd check out the app
> > > side messaging as a bottleneck. Are use using BPLE or SOA
> > > architecture?
> > >
> > > Maybe you saw this:
> > > http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/bpel_cookbook/qualcomm-bpel.html
> >
> > Forgot, could also be LDAP related. Haven't found a good definition
> > for the wait. Using LDAP authentication?
>
> No LDAP.

Streams? I really believe it is middle tier or network related. Maybe
someone else has seen this?