From: Kabuki on

"Kabuki" <masqued(a)ball.net> wrote in message

> "Joe" <joe(a)dontspam.com> wrote in message
>> finecur <finecur(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I have an image at (http://www.flickr.com/photos/
>>> 15048556(a)N05/4574509349/sizes/o/). The image is semi-transparent.
>>> There is a "hole" at the middle. I would like to remove the hole. I
>>> tried to copy a small aera from other part of the image and overlay on
>>> top of the hole. But the transparency then became different. You can
>>> clearly see the patch. What is the best way to remove the hole and
>>> make the center part the same as other part?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>> There are many different methods so pick one you like the best.
>>
>> - Using CLONE TOOL to fill the whole with area around the hole.
>>
>> - Copying or replacing the hole over the solid area (different layer),
>> then
>> use either Quik Mask or Erase tool to replace the hole with the solid
>> area.
>>
>> You may be able to use the HEALING tool but it may and may not work well.
>> So, try different technique see which one works best, and I can warrantee
>> you that Quick Mask is an useful tool and it should work.
>

> nope now I see it's png
> copying any technique--clone or heal makes the transparency double and
> leaves a darker area
> I tried on white background to dupe the layer, then used top layer on
> overlay or difference it got rid of the spot but left top and sides
> darker- I cleared them and it looked fine - only on white though
> on other color backgrounds it makes a rectangle-
>
> HMM
> it the orig file a photo?
> if so I suggest fix it as another format first then make transparent after
> the hole is fixed

http://xs.to/image-6DE8_4BE0BC83.jpg
unfortunately this pic service made it into a jpg

but I tested the png and it now works on all color backgrounds

what I did

made a layer white
merged layers
fixed the hole w/ patch tool
select color range- click white area- adjust to your liking
select inverse and clear
save for web as PNG

From: Kabuki on

> "Kabuki" <masqued(a)ball.net> wrote:
>
>> "Kabuki" <masqued(a)ball.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Joe" <joe(a)dontspam.com> wrote in message

>> > nope now I see it's png
>> > copying any technique--clone or heal makes the transparency double and
>> > leaves a darker area
>> > I tried on white background to dupe the layer, then used top layer on
>> > overlay or difference it got rid of the spot but left top and sides
>> > darker- I cleared them and it looked fine - only on white though
>> > on other color backgrounds it makes a rectangle-
>> >
>> > HMM
>> > it the orig file a photo?
>> > if so I suggest fix it as another format first then make transparent
>> > after
>> > the hole is fixed
>> >

>> http://xs.to/image-6DE8_4BE0BC83.jpg
>> unfortunately this pic service made it into a jpg
>>

>> but I tested the png and it now works on all color backgrounds
>>
>> what I did
>>
>> made a layer white
>> merged layers
>> fixed the hole w/ patch tool
>> select color range- click white area- adjust to your liking
>> select inverse and clear
>> save for web as PNG
>
> You get the right idea *but* not the best way. Since CLONE tool is a very
> simple tool to use, but if you ain't good with your hand, don't have other
> technique to help the technique then it can be little complicate.
>
> And because you seem to really try to master this one, so I can give you a
> simple technique which you should be able to do it.
>
> 1. Open the photo with the HOLE you want to fill.
>
> 2. Selecting a small part of either Left or Right next to the hole. Ctrl-C
> =
> COPY
>
> 3. Making an emptied layer, or Ctrl-V to PASTE the copied part to current,
> and Photoshop should create another layer automatically.
>
> 4. Move the small part over the hole, making sure the edge line up
> correctly.
>
> 5. If you have the LAYER window opened, then click on the [o] button at
> the
> bottom of the window which is the Quick Mask command.
>
> a. Set the OPACITY to around 5-10% (or 10-15%) or whatever works best for
> you, or depending on you use Tablet or Mouse
>
> b. On the LEFT side of Photoshop you will have the BLACK/WHITE toggle
> (this is part of the Masking)
>
> c. Select the BRUSH tool and set the Brush Size you wish to use. I always
> use the [ & ] key command to change the brush size
>
> Then just use the BRUSH to paint on the layer and you should see the
> result. If you make some mistake and want to UNDO it then toggle the
> BLACK/WHITE and it will reverse or do the opposite (Reveal/UnVeal)

you are a CLUELESS jackass JOE-please download and try it- YOU never have
right info and think every thing is quickmask-- JOE- the issue is not HOW
TO FIX THE HOLE or what tool to use or what technique- those are KNOWN- the
patch does the same as CLONE

but the transparency changes when you do--due to the PNG format-

try it before you talk more nonsense --as if you know anything