From: Waxman on
When I run an append query or make table query the system tells me that I
will add records and so on... is there any way to suppress these messages?
There are a few posts on line but they don't seem to apply to Access 2007.
Can anyone help?
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:20:01 -0700, Waxman
<Waxman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Programmatically: DoCmd.SetWarnings False.
Interactively: Office Button > Access Options > Advanced > Confirm >
Action Queries

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.spam(a)cox.net> wrote:

>Interactively: Office Button > Access Options > Advanced > Confirm >
>Action Queries

I'd never use that option as it won't make a difference for other
users and if you run a query on it's own then this will remove that
check.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
Waxman <Waxman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I run an append query or make table query the system tells me that I
>will add records and so on... is there any way to suppress these messages?
>There are a few posts on line but they don't seem to apply to Access 2007.

Are you using macros or VBA? If macros then the SetWarnings will
work.

If VBA the problem with DoCmd.RunSQL is that it ignores any errors.
Either of the following will display any error messages received by
the query. If using DAO, use Currentdb.Execute strSQL,dbfailonerror..
For ADO use CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strCommand,
lngRecordsAffected, adCmdText You can then remove the
docmd.setwarnings lines.

If you're going to use docmd.setwarnings make very sure you put the
True statement in any error handling code as well. Otherwise weird
things may happen later on especially while you are working on the
app. For example you will no longer get the "Do you wish to save your
changes" message if you close an object. This may mean that unwanted
changes, deletions or additions will be saved to your MDB.

Also performance can be significantly different between the two
methods. One posting stated currentdb.execute took two seconds while
docmd.runsql took eight seconds. As always YMMV.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP

Pages: 1