From: naguaramipana on
hi guru

I have a mobile user, that has OL2007, she connects to the office using pop3
I have been trying today to copy the user default pst file to have a backup
in our system but it tell me the copy funtion cant be done. it comes with the
following

cannot write path here

Please remove the write protection

can some one help please, thanks a bunch

From: VanguardLH on
naguaramipana wrote:

> I have a mobile user, that has OL2007, she connects to the office using
> pop3 I have been trying today to copy the user default pst file to have a
> backup in our system but it tell me the copy funtion cant be done. it
> comes with the following
>
> cannot write path here Please remove the write protection

Not an Outlook issue. Copying .pst files is not a function of Outlook. Of
course, perhaps you neglected to actually *close* Outlook before copying
the file on which it would have an open handle if Outlook were left
running.

You don't have permissions to where you are trying to copy the file, or you
are trying to write to read-only media. You never identified to WHERE you
are trying to copy the file. For example, if your backup destination is an
optical disc then you need to use burning software (in Windows or 3rd
party) to "burn" the file onto the disc.

This is a Windows issue. Ask about file copying in a Windows newsgroup.
Pick the newsgroup that matches your Windows version; however, for Windows
7, go to http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"naguaramipana" <naguaramipana(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have a mobile user, that has OL2007, she connects to the office using pop3
> I have been trying today to copy the user default pst file to have a backup
> in our system but it tell me the copy funtion cant be done. it comes with
> the
> following
>
> cannot write path here
>
> Please remove the write protection
>
> can some one help please, thanks a bunch

State exactly how you're trying to copy the file and where you're trying to
place it. Is Outlook closed when you do this?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: naguaramipana on
Thanks V and B

Yes outlook is closed

I am using TC ( file manager utility) in order to copy the pst file from a
mobile user into an external store HD to keep a copy of the emails file.

1) I though it was a read only problem but that is not it
2) I found out the external store drive used for this, was formatted to
fat32, so I just went NTFS, so I will see if this problem goes away once the
user comes back to the office.
3) other than that, I dont know what could be the problem

Thanks a bunch for any help