From: Howard3 on
I'm having the same issue. I tried a fix I found that didn't resolve the
issue. Tiffany did not say how to perform a "repair install," whatever that
is. How do I do that? Also, Word documents are running slowly and the system
shuts down after five minutes of use.

How do I repair this?

From: Howard3 on
"Tom Willett," it didn't answer how I perform a repair install? I don't want
to be obtuse, but is there a step-by-step fix for this active desktop
recovery situation?

From: Jerry on
How to do a repair install:

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxppro/installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

From: Twayne on
In news:B4526D88-032F-4D01-8C56-4067E3B33E2C(a)microsoft.com,
Howard3 <Howard3(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I'm having the same issue. I tried a fix I found that didn't resolve
> the issue. Tiffany did not say how to perform a "repair install,"
> whatever that is. How do I do that? Also, Word documents are running
> slowly and the system shuts down after five minutes of use.
>
> How do I repair this?

These might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

Searched Google for xp repait install and got several good
links right on the first page. Try it if you need more.

Twayne

> "Tom Willett" wrote:
>
>> Time to reinstall Windows.
>>
>> "tiffany" <tiffany(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I got an Active Desktop Recovery screen with a bar "Restore My
>>> Active Desktop"
>>> When I click on this bar I get a pop-up internet explorer script
>>> error box with the message
>>>
>>> "An error has occured in the script on this page
>>> Line 65
>>> Char 1
>>> Error: Object doesn't support this action
>>> Code 0
>>> URL fil:///C:Documents%20and%20Settings ...
>>> /Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Desktop.htt. Do you want to continue
>>> running scripts on this Page Yes No
>>>
>>> Sometimes power losses may require a repair install of the OS, as
>>> files can get corrupt. so the suggestion is to perform a repair
>>> install
>>> How do i perform a repair install for windows xp pro sp3 with
>>> internet explorer 8

Live in the moment;
be open to the possibilities
that life has to offer.