From: AMIT on
We have a material code list in one column.many code has repeat.

We want only one code come only one times.please help

Material code.
604789
604801
604801
604865
604865
604890
604893
604895
604895
604896
604896
604896
604901
604901
622992
622993

USING TABLE TYPE TO ELIMINATE CURSORS
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/56ad2755-d960-4859-8bcc-7622a8091034/using-table-type-to-elimi.aspx
From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Assume that you are having the above mentioned values in Column A and A1 cell
is having the Column heading "Material Code" and your data is starting from
A2 cell.

Paste this formula in B2 cell.
=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A2,$A2)=1,"ACTUAL",IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A2,$A2)>1,"DUPLICATE",""))

Copy the B2 cell and paste it to the remaining cells of B Column based on
the A Column data.

Apply filter for the B column and select Duplicates.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

From: WKH8919 on
On Dec 25, 12:34 pm, AMIT BHOPAL wrote:
> We have a material code list in one column.many code has repeat.
>
> We want only one code come only one times.please help
>
> Material code.
> 604789
> 604801
> 604801
> 604865
> 604865
> 604890
> 604893
> 604895
> 604895
> 604896
> 604896
> 604896
> 604901
> 604901
> 622992
> 622993

> USING TABLE TYPE TO ELIMINATE CURSORShttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/56ad2755-d960-4859-8bcc-7...

You can use pivot table for limit only one code and can refresh when
you put the new material code list in same column

Hope that it can help.
--------------
Worawat
From: OssieMac on
Try using Advanced filter.

Select all of the data including column header.
Select Data -> Advanced Filter
Check Unique records box.
Please yourself whether you filter in place or copy to another location. If
you filter in place then the unwanted duplicate rows are hidden. If you copy
to a new location, the original list remains unchanged and the new list is
unique records only.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"AMIT BHOPAL" wrote:

> We have a material code list in one column.many code has repeat.
>
> We want only one code come only one times.please help
>
> Material code.
> 604789
> 604801
> 604801