From: traveljo on
After a recent complete system recovery of my Windows XP Media Center Edition
2005 and reloading about 200 Windows updates so far, I keep getting critical
update KB967715 on Automatic Updating asking me everyday for the last 5 days
to install it. It has been successfully installed about 15 times. How can I
stop this nonsense from showing up in my updates window?
It's just this one that keeps showing up every day?
Can anyone help me please? Thanks.
traveljo
From: Tim Meddick on
Go to the Microsoft Update website and go through the "manual" update
procedure, choosing the "Custom" button (*not* the "Express").

When the update you don't want, appears again in the webpage's window,
click on the [+] sign next to it to reveal details, and checkmark the box
labelled : "Don't show this update again"

Then click on the "Review and install updates" link (even if the item you
want to reject is the only one listed) and you won't be bothered by it
trying to install itself again...

Visit the Microsoft Update page at :
http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

From: MowGreen on
traveljo wrote:
> After a recent complete system recovery of my Windows XP Media Center Edition
> 2005 and reloading about 200 Windows updates so far, I keep getting critical
> update KB967715 on Automatic Updating asking me everyday for the last 5 days
> to install it. It has been successfully installed about 15 times. How can I
> stop this nonsense from showing up in my updates window?
> It's just this one that keeps showing up every day?
> Can anyone help me please? Thanks.
> traveljo

Workaround for the reoffering of KB967715 issue
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/mowgreen/index.php?showentry=1503

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten