From: transkawa on

is it wise for me to replace my i686 intel 32 bit cpu with an x86-64
model intel cpu? will i have any issues with my laptop computer if i do
so or is it better to buy a 64 bit machine although i am short of funds.
will be happy for any suggestion and advise.
xnt
--
happy are those who have endured
for they shall reap bountifully
From: Conor on
On 16/06/2010 11:51, transkawa wrote:

> is it wise for me to replace my i686 intel 32 bit cpu with an x86-64
> model intel cpu? will i have any issues with my laptop computer if i do
> so or is it better to buy a 64 bit machine although i am short of funds.
> will be happy for any suggestion and advise.
> xnt

Makes no odds - the only main difference, clock speed etc aside, is the
ability to address >4GB RAM.

--
Conor www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk
From: The Henchman on

"transkawa" <transkawa(a)yahoo.fr> wrote in message

> is it wise for me to replace my i686 intel 32 bit cpu with an x86-64
> model intel cpu? will i have any issues with my laptop computer if i do
> so or is it better to buy a 64 bit machine although i am short of funds.
> will be happy for any suggestion and advise.
> xnt
> --
> happy are those who have endured
> for they shall reap bountifully
> --the gospel according to an avatar

If you are short of funds then why are you buying a depreciating asset like
a computer????

From: peter on
Why do you feel you need a 64bit CPU???
Is your mobo capable of 64bit??
What OS/Programs do you use that need 64bit??

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

From: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) on
> is it wise for me to replace my i686 intel 32 bit cpu with an x86-64
> model intel cpu? will i have any issues with my laptop computer if i do
> so or is it better to buy a 64 bit machine although i am short of funds.
> will be happy for any suggestion and advise.

Your question indirectly indicated that you reall had no need for 64-bit
OS. So don't think about it anymore! :)