From: Thanh Nguyen on
Recently I ran into a strange behavior:
the stored proc that makes up the report, runs much slower in sql mgmt
studio than the report itself from ReportManager. Usually it's the other way
around.

We have sql 2008 server egine w/ RS 2008.

Anyone runs into this before?

Thanks,

From: Uri Dimant on
Thanh Nguyen

I would compare an executuion plans of both

From: Bruce L-C [MVP] on
What usually happens is that for some reason a stored procedure gets a
different plan when run from Reporting Services versus SSMS. However, I have
never seen or heard of a time where it is slower in SSMS. Seems like it
doesn't matter if it is slower there. However, the solution would be the
same. Add the statement With Recompile to your stored procedure.

--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services