From: Momento on
Hi,

We have some reports running unbelievably slow after converting from Access
97 to 2007 .mdb format. These same reports run great in 97, with the same
backend. These reports use paththrough queries that call SPs in the backend
SQL 2005. Even going into design mode or saving these reports take a long
time. Really strange. Is there some hot fix for this? I have SP2 already
installed. Any help would be appreciated as I'm at my wit's end.
From: Jeff Boyce on
If you are using Access 2007, but the file extension is ".mdb", you have
Access 2007 running in/against Access 2003 format. Access 2007 uses a new
file format, ".accdb".

The first thing I'd test (and maybe you already have) would be the queries
underlying the reports. I'm making an assumption that the reports you're
describing are based on (fed by) queries.

So I'd go to those queries and run them without opening the reports. Do the
queries run as quickly as before, or are they what's causing the slowdown?

More info, please...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: ISTARReiI Monei on
Dear Grapa:WE CAN`T EAT GROUPA!hehheheheheheh

Isn`t He cute....My Daddy tau!Tao`

It`s raininghere at Bt. 5.

Tkue for helping me and us of Oqwnewqrt wall. Have to...

I`m ok...working on MyKadMyKidMyCedSIA.
Thank you all.

From: De Jager on

From: HM on
Dear All,

I also have a very similar problem....... any suggestions/solutions?

We have recently converted all our computers to run Office 2007, with one
exception - Access 97. This is now mid roll out and we've encountered a
rather large problem, which if we can't solve may require us to go back to
Access 97 - arraggh!

We have several front ends that all use the same (rather large) back end.
The front ends reside on the users PC, which one is dependent upon what their
job is.

The back end lives on the company server.

All the front ends (FEs) have now been converted to Access2007 (*.accdb),
and are operating happily talking to the original Access97 back end (*.mdb).
One of these FEs is quite data intensive and takes about 25secs to open -
just about acceptable. However, when we convert the back end to a *.accdb,
this front end takes over 8 MINUTES to open the same query.

I have tried the following with no noticeable affect:

1. Setting the Subdatasheet Name property to [None].
2. Disabling the record level locking.
3. Running entirely locally.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it's now the 11th
hour.

If this posted in the wrong place, can anyone suggest where to post this
question.

Thanks HM.