From: Xeno Campanoli / Eskimo North and Gmail on
I've installed Lorax, and looking around, I realize there is no example of a
require statement. This is generally often left off I notice from docs, and
presumably I can guess, but it seems like that is a good thing to include in
intros to get people using stuff...

xc
--
"It's the preponderance, stupid!" - Professor Stephen Schneider, IPCC member

From: David Masover on
On Friday, August 13, 2010 01:18:21 pm Xeno Campanoli / Eskimo North and Gmail
wrote:
> I've installed Lorax, and looking around, I realize there is no example of
> a require statement. This is generally often left off I notice from docs,
> and presumably I can guess, but it seems like that is a good thing to
> include in intros to get people using stuff...

Maybe so, but still, when I install a gem, unless I have reason to believe the
require statement will be something else, I assume it's the name of the gem.
In fact, I think Rails/Bundler makes the same assumption:

http://gembundler.com/gemfile.html

"If a gem's main file is different than the gem name, specify how to require
it."

Otherwise, it assumes that when you depend on the gem 'foo', you can require
it by requiring 'foo'.

Also, it may be valuable for newbies to read code, and this is an easy one to
figure out:

http://github.com/flavorjones/lorax/blob/master/lib/lorax.rb

Pages: 1
Prev: libstdc++