From: JY on
Hi,

I use the XML sample shown in the section:

"Building and Embedding a Manifest with Microsoft Visual Studio® 2005 for
Windows XP and Windows Vista Applications" (from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756929.aspx) to create a manifest
file and use it in Additional Manifest Files in the Project Properties.

But I get a warning saying:
Element "trustInfo" in an unrecognized namespace
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2"

What would be the correct way to do this using VS 2005? I want the
application to run with administrator privileges on XP, Vista and Win 7.

TIA,
JY
From: Pavel A. on
"JY" <sd(a)nospamgroup.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I use the XML sample shown in the section:
>
> "Building and Embedding a Manifest with Microsoft Visual Studio® 2005 for
> Windows XP and Windows Vista Applications" (from
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756929.aspx) to create a
> manifest
> file and use it in Additional Manifest Files in the Project Properties.
>
> But I get a warning saying:
> Element "trustInfo" in an unrecognized namespace
> "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2"
>
> What would be the correct way to do this using VS 2005? I want the
> application to run with administrator privileges on XP, Vista and Win 7.
>
> TIA,
> JY

Build a sample app in Visual Studio 2008 or newer, select
requireAdministrator
in the VC project options, then look at the intermediate manifest in the
object dir.

--pa