From: JY on
Hi,

I use the XML sample shown in the section:

"Building and Embedding a Manifest with Microsoft Visual Studio® 2005 for
Windows XP and Windows Vista Applications" (from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756929.aspx) to create a manifest
file and use it in Additional Manifest Files in the Project Properties.

But I get a warning saying:
Element "trustInfo" in an unrecognized namespace
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2"

What would be the correct way to do this using VS 2005? I want the
application to run with administrator privileges on XP, Vista and Win 7.

TIA,
JY

From: David Ching on
"JY" <sd(a)nospamgroup.com> wrote in message
> But I get a warning saying:
> Element "trustInfo" in an unrecognized namespace
> "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2"
>
> What would be the correct way to do this using VS 2005? I want the
> application to run with administrator privileges on XP, Vista and Win 7.

The manifest spit out by VS2008 has

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
<security>
<requestedPrivileges>
<requestedExecutionLevel level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false' />
</requestedPrivileges>
</security>
</trustInfo>

So you might want to set the schema to .v3.

-- David