From: Firewalker on
This memory card is actually brand new. It "should" work.
From: Firewalker on
I suspect somewhere around here is where my problem lies. I went to disk
managemtn after I formatted it the first time. It originally showed the card
had a capacity of 16GB even though only 960MB was available. But, when I
formatted it, that's when the 16GB capacity also turned into 960MB. How do I
delete the partition or see if one is there? The layout says "partition",
but when I right click on the drive, the "delete partition" option is grayed
out.

From: Firewalker on
I also suspect that this is a possibility. How do I check? When I received
the card, the card reader was set to lock. So, I made the mistake of
thinking I should format the drive, which caused the capacity to fall to
960MB. But, when I went to disk management, it showed a 16GB capacity
(before I made the next big mistake and formatted again which turned this
capacity to 960MB).

From: C.Joseph Drayton on
Hi Firewalker,

Yes it will work according to the spec sheet for the HTC Tilt 2, it can
read both. What we are seeing is something that happened years ago with
WindowsXP a number of manufacturers like Compaq formatted the disk as
FAT32 on their machines that came pre-installed with WindowsXP. Of
course WindowsXP (original) could read/write NTFS but the manufacturer
chose FAT32. WindowsXP also would not format a partition that was larger
than 32GB (I think that was the number), but it would read and write to
the FAT32 partition that was larger than 32GB if the format was done
with a different program (that is why I looked around and found the
application I gave you the link to.

Sincerely,
C.Joseph Drayton, Ph.D. AS&T

CSD Computer Services

Web site: http://csdcs.site90.net/
E-mail: c.joseph(a)csdcs.site90.net

From: Firewalker on
I ran a chkdsk in DOS on the disk. It looks like it's also showing 1GB.
I'm very worried now. Is it possible for a format to physically alter the
capacity of the drive?