Prev: question?
Next: hii
From: TC on
Dear all,

I want to restore the address book in another machine, I find just copy toe
the file C:\Documents and Settings\<user id>\Application
Data\Microsoft\Address Book to the new PC, it can't work. If I import the
address, I find subfolders for address disappears.
From: Bruce Hagen on
Courtesy of Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express

Create a "standalone" WAB file:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/wab.htm#wabexe

Then open your default address book to the group desired and select all
member of the group and copy them to the clipboard (Ctrl+A selects all,
Ctrl+C copies them to the clipboard). Then open your "standalone" WAB
file and paste the contacts into that file (you will have to hit the Enter
key to OK each entry but it beats typing) and then either copy that wab
file to a floppy disc or export it as CSV file. Otherwise, folders and
groups neither import, nor export.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
> ...If I import the
> address, I find subfolders for address disappears.

Default behavior; WYSIWYG.

From: TC on
Dear "Bruce Hagen",

Our user have hundred's contacts and a dozen of folder, that take really
take time. Is it now better way?

From: Bruce Hagen on
Sorry, but no.
--

> Dear "Bruce Hagen",
>
> Our user have hundred's contacts and a dozen of folder, that take really
> take time. Is it now better way?
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Courtesy of Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
>>
>> Create a "standalone" WAB file:
>> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/wab.htm#wabexe
>>
>> Then open your default address book to the group desired and select all
>> member of the group and copy them to the clipboard (Ctrl+A selects all,
>> Ctrl+C copies them to the clipboard). Then open your "standalone" WAB
>> file and paste the contacts into that file (you will have to hit the
>> Enter
>> key to OK each entry but it beats typing) and then either copy that wab
>> file to a floppy disc or export it as CSV file. Otherwise, folders and
>> groups neither import, nor export.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "TC" <TC(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > I want to restore the address book in another machine, I find just
>> > copy
>> > toe
>> > the file C:\Documents and Settings\<user id>\Application
>> > Data\Microsoft\Address Book to the new PC, it can't work. If I import
>> > the
>> > address, I find subfolders for address disappears.
>>
>> .

Pages: 1
Prev: question?
Next: hii