From: Firemann25 on
I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am trying to make
it so those that do not have the password can view the sheet "read only" but
cannot view certain cells. Those that do have the password can view all
cells.
From: ozgrid.com on
Perhaps save as 2 Workspaces?
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/save-as-workspace.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: Dave Peterson on
If that information that should remain hidden is top secret (like social
security numbers/salaries/etc), then I wouldn't use excel for this.

Any solution that I would use would rely on macros and macros can be disabled.

And worksheet protection isn't made to protect intellectual property. It's not
very strong. It's made to help prevent users from making data entry errors.

--

Dave Peterson