From: Ruben Safir on
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 08:23:11PM -0600, Noel Jones wrote:
> On 2/23/2010 7:35 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> >On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 01:41:00AM +0100, Steve wrote:
> >>
> >>-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> >>If all your users are authenticating when sending mails you could use something like "reject_sender_login_mismatch" to reject those senders (from inside or outside) that use your domains but have not authenticated.
> >>

> >smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
> >permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination, reject_rbl_client
> >zen.spamhaus.org
> >
> >Will that do it?
> >
> >Ruben
> >

> While spamhaus is likely to block the majority of spam aimed at your
> server, it won't specifically reject mail claiming to be from your
> domain that isn't.

I didn't think it would. Different issue.

I want the mail to flatly deny any mail from any of my domains unless
it arrives from my local network on eth1 which is a 10.0.0.0 block
with hostnames given by my dhcpd server, or from the mailserver itself.
I want it to flatly reject mail claiming to be from my doamins from
anywhere else.

> If spamhaus doesn't block "enough" of the spam, you can tell postfix
> to reject mail claiming to be from unknown local sender addresses.
> Set in main.cf:
> smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = yes
>
> or you can add a check_sender_access map to specifically reject your
> domain when mail isn't local.

If, if it is not from my local network it is not legitimate mail if it
is using my domain. I can not service or recieve mail addressed From
mrbrklyn.com that isn't coming from my local network. It is 100% of the
time always wrong. I know that panix allows me to send mail from my
local network to the panix mail servers for later relay, using
authentication, or maybe pop. I don't want this functionality. If it
is not coming from our servers or hosts, its not us and I want to
summerly reject such mail.

> # WARNING this is likely to reject "some" legit mail
> # main.cf
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
> permit_mynetworks
> reject_unauth_destination
> check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
> reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org
>
> # /etc/postfix/sender_access
> example.com REJECT only for internal use
>
> to activate these changes you'll need to run
> # postmap sender_access
> # postfix reload
>

> -- Noel Jones

� Copyright for the Digital Millennium

From: LuKreme on
On 23-Feb-10 20:48, Ruben Safir wrote:
> This is getting philophical and I just don't care. Mail From our domain
> has to originate from OUR domain. No exceptions.

Then you've already been given the solution by Noel.

--
Bite me, suck me, show me you care

From: Ruben Safir on
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 08:52:00PM -0700, LuKreme wrote:
> On 23-Feb-10 20:48, Ruben Safir wrote:
> >This is getting philophical and I just don't care. Mail From our domain
> >has to originate from OUR domain. No exceptions.
>
> Then you've already been given the solution by Noel.

Thanks
> --
> Bite me, suck me, show me you care

Hah - think I'll pass :)

From: Ruben Safir on
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 08:23:11PM -0600, Noel Jones wrote:
> On 2/23/2010 7:35 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> >On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 01:41:00AM +0100, Steve wrote:
> >>
> >>-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> >>If all your users are authenticating when sending mails you could use something like "reject_sender_login_mismatch" to reject those senders (from inside or outside) that use your domains but have not authenticated.

Anyway to restrict the From: header to the local domain as well as the
From<whitespace> header

It seems that Majordomo will accept the mail if the From: is different
than the From

From mrbrklyn(a)panix.com

From: ruben(a)mrbrklyn.com

I'd like to reject it at the mail server if either is spoofed and it is
not originating from my local hosts on the internal network.

Ruben

From: Ruben Safir on

> Anyway to restrict the From: header to the local domain as well as the
> From<whitespace> header
>
> It seems that Majordomo will accept the mail if the From: is different
> than the From
>
> >From mrbrklyn(a)panix.com
>
> From: ruben(a)mrbrklyn.com
>
> I'd like to reject it at the mail server if either is spoofed and it is
> not originating from my local hosts on the internal network.

Actually, thing about this, that might not be a good idea and I doubt it
is even in the envelope.

Ruben

> Ruben
>

> > >smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
> > >permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination, reject_rbl_client
> > >zen.spamhaus.org
> > >
> > >Will that do it?
> > >
> > >Ruben
> > >

> > While spamhaus is likely to block the majority of spam aimed at your
> > server, it won't specifically reject mail claiming to be from your
> > domain that isn't.
> >
> > If spamhaus doesn't block "enough" of the spam, you can tell postfix
> > to reject mail claiming to be from unknown local sender addresses.
> > Set in main.cf:
> > smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = yes
> >
> > or you can add a check_sender_access map to specifically reject your
> > domain when mail isn't local.
> >
> > # WARNING this is likely to reject "some" legit mail
> > # main.cf
> > smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
> > permit_mynetworks
> > reject_unauth_destination
> > check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
> > reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org
> >
> > # /etc/postfix/sender_access
> > example.com REJECT only for internal use
> >
> > to activate these changes you'll need to run
> > # postmap sender_access
> > # postfix reload
> >
> > -- Noel Jones
>
> --